West Boylston – Holbrook Street

1896

Presenter – Andrew Fauerbach

The Nashua River passed through the low area of Holbrook Street and provided water power to the two mills located there which were owned and operated by the Rice and Cowee families.

The mills, one producing textiles and the other grain processing, shared the use of the millpond across which Holbrook Street connecting the Central Village to the rest of the town.

Post Views: 104